Full-Time Clinical Department Support Analyst
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides data analysis and/or discrete event simulation to improve the efficiency and efficacy of clinical operations by identifying bottlenecks and building models to manage capacity and enhance capabilities to accommodate volume and variation. Leads improvement projects by working directly with clinical and non-clinical areas to understand current operating procedures, develops recommendations/solutions for improvement, facilitates the implementation of those solutions, and leverages data to monitor progress and support sustainability. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Builds strong relationships with project manager. Establishes rapport with project team members, stakeholders and frontline staff. Collects data from clinical database universes via Business Objects or Tableau. Analyzes data to validate and prioritize project choices to achieve patient throughput and resource utilization goals.
3. Demonstrates time management and organization in the building of discrete event simulation models and/or performance improvement projects. Collaborates with peers and supervisors to validate technical assumptions. Prepares operational and clinical assumptions for validation by steering committee or project team.
4. Develops documents to communicate results for technical and nontechnical audiences. Designs pilot for utilizing/testing model in healthcare setting; recommends roll-out process.
5. Leverages non-healthcare solutions to solve problems in healthcare. Leverages results to create related models or spread improvements to other areas. Seeks opportunities to apply models or projects in similar settings.
6. Considers and presents unconventional alternatives; innovates.
– Requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– RN License preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– With a Bachelor’s Degree, requires three years of experience and/or training in regulatory review, research, nursing, or a related field.
– With an Associate’s Degree, requires seven years of experience and/or training in regulatory review, research, nursing, or a related field.
– Strong computer experience required including WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, and ACCESS.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills: Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Cancer Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
To apply for this job, please go to: