Full-Time Clinical Support Tech I – Rex 6 HV/CV Stepdown
*This position qualifies for our Nursing Support Incentive Program. The Nursing Support Incentive Program includes $5,000 paid over a three (3) year commitment. Learn more about the program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-unc-rex-nursing-support-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Cardiovascular Surgical Stepdown unit is located on the 5th and 6th floors of the Heart and Vascular Hospital. The unit was recently expanded from 24 to 32 beds to accommodate volume increases due to our tertiary specialization. 6 HV stepdown specializes in the care of the cardiac surgical patient, vascular surgical patient, structural heart patient and cardiac medical patient with quality metrics that support Magnet designation.
The design of 6 HV allows for quick access to resources within each workstation. The rooms are all equipped with GE bedside monitors and wall mounted computers for easy access to electronic charts, and ceiling lift rails in each room.
Nurses have quick access to cardiac surgery APP’s, floor assigned pharmacists, multidisciplinary support through daily rounds, and a consistent case management team that follows surgical patients from surgery to discharge evaluating discharge needs daily. The pharmacy concierge delivery program ensures patients have important medications delivered to the bedside before discharge.
The 6HV Leadership team provides an environment that supports personal and professional growth with opportunities to advance up the clinical ladder and a strong support system for new graduate nurses.
Responsible for assisting the professional caregiver in the delivery of patient care, transporting patient and/or equipment, setting up and maintaining patient rooms and performing a wide range of clerical, transcription, and maintenance of the patient care unit desk area functions.
1. Assists physicians and other health care providers with routine examinations and procedures, as well as procurement of equipment and supplies.
2. Critically reviews patient care documentation making note of any significant changes in the patients condition and make an immediate report to a registered nurse or physician.
3. Provides a variety of clerical tasks to include but not limited to organizing and prioritizing workload, greeting and directing visitors, researching information as requested by nurses and physicians, reviewing orders for logic and clarity, revising orders as requested by the nurse, answering the telephone/ patient call lights, transcribing physician orders, and maintaining medical records. Performs routine quality assurance audits, safety checks, and inventory of supplies. Provides administrative and clerical support including PI audits and data entry.
4. Provides clinical support assistance to include, but not limited to, cleaning the work area, maintaining office equipment, troubleshooting common software and hardware problems, changing linens, checking supply inventory, re-stocking supplies, transporting patients/ supplies/ specimens, and assisting in the orientation of new employees and students.
5. Provides direct personal care to patients as outlined in plan of care activities such as bathing, dressing, feeding, assisting with ambulation. Measures and records vital signs, and patient height and weight. May be responsible for specimen collection, skin preps/scrubs, catheter care, capillary blood glucose checks, simple wound care, range of motion exercises, and/or postural drainage.
6. Reinforces routine teaching given to patients by the registered nurse or physician and document patient understanding of instructions. Distributes patient education materials at the request of patients and/or health care providers
– High School diploma or GED
– Listed as Nursing Assistant I with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
– Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
– One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience and six (6) months of related nursing assistant experience, which may include a nursing assistant course or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Must be fluent in verbal and written English language. Capability to develop computer skills if not competent.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex 6 HV/CV Stepdown
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
To apply for this position, please go to: