Full-Time Dental Assistant
The Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment rooms, patients, instruments, and materials to provide quality care. In addition, Dental Assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, and provide chair-side assistance to dentists during exams.
Team members are expected uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN’s commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- High school diploma
- Must have graduated from an accredited Dental Assistant program
- Three years of experience as a Dental Assistant is preferred, although we will also consider recent graduates
- Certified Dental Assistant preferred with X-ray certification
- Must have current CPR certification and Hep B Vaccination
- Be fully trained and competent in digital x-ray and electronic health record software programs (Centricity)
- Must comply with all OSHA and CDC requirements
- A team player with excellent attitude and extremely patient friendly
- Prepares and maintains dental instruments, supplies (materials, cement, amalgam, composite, impression), and equipment
- Assemble instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for dentist’s access, suctioning, and passing instruments
- Collects and records patient health information thoroughly in the electronic health record (Centricity) regarding all treatment plans and procedures completed
- Manage patients and educate on all procedures during dental procedure/treatment
- Perform medical history update, blood pressure reading and x-rays as determined by the dentist
- Maintains dental supplies inventory; confirms clinic schedule in conjunction with front desk.
- Print x-rays as needed as well as periodontal and full mouth charting from electronic health record for Endo, Crowns, Removable Prosthetics and scaling/root planning’s for insurance preauthorization and billing for treatment completed.
- Complete lab work on time (models, trays, occlusal rims), as well as coordinating outgoing and incoming lab cases, assuring that lab slips and return dates are correct, and calling labs for pickups
- Flush water lines daily and perform DUWL disinfection procedures weekly
$15-16/hour, plus benefits such as medical, dental, and vision coverage available after 2 months, life insurance, Short Term Disability, 403(b) accounts, and generous PTO plan.
Why Should You Apply?
- Nurse-managed, person-centered, holistic, and trauma informed care facility
- Multi-disciplinary departments co-located for integration
- Competitive salary and benefits with great location in Philadelphia
HOW TO APPLY:
Family Practice and Counselling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of federally qualified community health centers (FQHC) that uses a nurse-managed, integrated model to deliver primary care, behavioural health, dental, and preventive services, which are co-located at the centers and are designed to treat the whole patient. Our model relies heavily on a psychosocial, interdisciplinary approach to care that “wraps its arms” around patients.
FPCN has been recognized over the years for our amazing work within the communities we serve from the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Influencers of Healthcare Awards, 2019, Philadelphia Immunization Program Immunization Champion Awards, 2018, American Cancer Society’s Partner in Health Award, 2018, plus many more. With a growth vision, FPCN’s future is bright.
The Family Practice & Counseling Network, a division of Resources for Human Development, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.