Full-Time Director Information Technology – UNC Health Southeastern
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the overall planning and organizing the Information Technology function for UNC Health Southeastern in alignment with system-wide IT strategy and enterprise architecture. Serves as the primary contact for entity leadership into the IT organization, and supports the implementation of system-wide and entity-specific IT initiatives by organizing and communicating to key entity leadership and operational functions.
1. Communication – Effectively communicates expectations and responsibilities to subordinates. Actively listens and addresses issues and concerns promptly. Establishes a shared vision with employees.
2. Compliance – Ensures compliance with health system and external accrediting agency guidelines and regulations. Develops, maintains, and ensures adherence to policies and procedures related to IT security/privacy.
3. Customer Focus – Creates exceptional customer relations and maintains those relationships through continuing improvement efforts. Exhibits courtesy, cooperation, and respect towards customers.
4. Leadership – Directs entity-level business analysis and overall IT communications, develops goals and objectives, and administers policies, procedures and processes as needed. Maintains overall IT relationship with entity leadership.
5. Strategic Planning & Financial Awareness – Aligns entity-level objectives with organizational strategic plans. Develops operating budget and capital requests. Monitors financial performance and adjusts resources to maximize profitability while maintaining exceptional quality and service.
6. Technical Support Administration – Consults and provides technical support on technical aspects of entity-specific IT contracts. Oversees project budgets once established and implements projects in accordance with established project plan.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
Professional Experience Requirements:
– If a Bachelors degree: Eight (8) years of related experience and five (5) years of progressive management experience.
– If an Associates degree: Twelve (12) years of related experience and five (5) years of progressive management experience.
– If a High School diploma or GED: Sixteen (16) years of related experience and five (5) years of progressive management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Affiliate Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lumberton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email email@example.com if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To apply for this job, please go to: