Full-Time Director of Human Resources – UNC Health Southeastern
Discover exciting career opportunities at UNC Health Southeastern in Lumberton, North Carolina. UNC Health Southeastern is a 337-bed, not-for-profit hospital and the only medical center in Robeson County.Located in eastern North Carolina on 1-95, Lumberton is midway between New York and Florida. Its central location is just a short drive to the beautiful beaches of North and South Carolina to the east, and the rolling Appalachian Mountains to the west. With a mild year-round climate, Southern hospitality, and small-city charm, Lumberton offers a relaxing state of mind and a high quality of life—a great place to work, live and raise a family!
The Director of Human Resources develops and implements strategies to meet strategic focuses for Human Resources, Learning and Professional Development as well as Employee Health and Wellness. Provides information and advice to assist leaders in dealing with customer and employee relations issues.
– Develop goals and objectives in areas of responsibility to support and enhance organizational operational goals and strategic focuses
– Review for appropriateness: business plans and financial budgets of areas of responsibilities
– Select, train/orient, develop job descriptions and standards of performance for, evaluate performance of, and initiate or make recommendations for personnel actions for direct report individuals.
– Enhance professional growth and development through active membership in appropriate professional associations, participation in educational programs, and review of current literature to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
– Ensure the security and accuracy of human resource data for the organization and monitor organizational-wide statistics, cost projections, and personal information on all employees.
– Evaluate changing demographic, legal, and technical developments in the guest relations and human resource management. Develop and recommend changes to current or new patient experience and human resources programs that are responsive to organizational needs.
– Monitor and maintain organizational philosophy, approaches, and policies on education, compensation, employee benefits, employee relations, customer grievances and complaints.
– Facilitate the problem-solving processes for leaders, employees, patients and customers.
– In collaboration with Manager of Learning and Professional Development, plans, implements and coordinates organizational-wide education including but not limited to orientation, annual competency validation and organizational development.
– In collaboration with the Manager, Health Promotion and Wellness plans, develops and implements health and wellness initiatives including but not limited to pre-employment, annual health assessments, Healthy Living 4 Life, Worker’s Compensation etc.
– Master’s degree in human resource management, business administration, or other related area. Five years of successful human resource management responsibilities preferably in a healthcare setting.
– Human Resource Professional Credential preferred.
Legal Employer:UNC Health Southeastern
Entity: UNC Health Southeastern
Organization Unit: Human Resources
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lumberton
Exempt From Overtime: Yes
To apply for this job, please go to: