Full-Time Director of Value Analysis – Sourcing and Contracting
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Reporting to the HCS Executive Director of Supply Chain, the Director of Value Analysis (Director of Sourcing & Contracting) is responsible for identifying, evaluating and implementing opportunities to reduce cost, increase revenue and/or improve quality as Director of the system-wide Value Analysis function. Provides day to day administrative leadership for the Value Analysis team. Provides category expertise across a variety of spend and operational categories. Facilitates and maintains system-wide Value Analysis committees across major spend/usage categories that foster collaboration between Supply Chain, clinical staff, and hospital administrative leaders. Supports organizational margin contribution (cost management) and operational improvement objectives through the identification and implementation of sourcing and contracting initiatives that promote product standardization, contract consolidation and other levers of financial, operational, and clinical-usage optimization. Establishes and maintains relationships with key UNC Health System stakeholders (physicians, clinicians, leadership) and vendor partners.
– Manages department labor force, employee development (corrective action, performance evaluations, etc.) and operational budget. Supports executive Supply Chain leadership in annual budgeting planning, development of strategic goals/KPIs. Monitors department performance to goals, budget and other strategic objectives.
– Establishes system objectives for clinical Value Analysis teams in relation to goals set for standardization/cost reduction in physician-preference and other product categories. Facilitates the standardization of products and opportunities to optimize supply utilization through effective collaboration with physicians, clinicians and administrators.
– Provides oversight and leadership to Value Analysis committees, ensuring proper representation from system facilities, encouraging participation of hospital leaders and clinicians, fostering collaboration, and ensuring that defined Value Analysis processes are followed.
– Oversees and supports Value Analysis implementations. Develops an oversight process based on factors such as value, difficulty, organizational significance, etc.
– Assists clinical and Supply Chain operations as needed in implementation of new product/technology requests. Facilitates complex meetings and discussions that include operational executives, physicians, clinical and Supply Chain leadership, and representatives from Finance.
– Develop and refine Value Analysis team charters, membership guidelines, product evaluation processes, etc.
– Develops departmental metrics to facilitate process improvement, system performance, and the measurement of impact of Value Analysis initiatives.
– Interfaces with system facilities and assists them in cost effectively satisfying their supply, service and support needs. Effectively communicates supply chain’s strategies and successfully elicit support and assistance in implementing those strategies.
– Develop policies and procedures that maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the department. Ensures all proper internal controls are in place to satisfy internal and external regulatory requirements. Assist to develop and monitor departmental operating budgets.
– Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
– No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– If a Bachelors degree: Seven (7) years of experience in Value Analysis, supply chain, and/or sourcing work, including three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role.
– If an Associates degree: Eleven (11) years of experience in Value Analysis, supply chain, and/or sourcing work, including three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role.
– If a High School diploma or GED: Fifteen (15) years of experience in Value Analysis, supply chain, and/or sourcing work, including three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Ability to apply critical decision making, and tailored communications, in a wide variety of complex business scenarios.
– Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility.
– Knowledge of budget planning, financial management and resource management.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Sourcing and Contracting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
To apply for this job, please go to: