Full-Time Director Operations – SOM Med Endocrine
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Divisions of Endocrinology and Rheumatology, Allergy & Immunology in the Department of Medicine seek a Director to support the clinical and academic missions of the division. Administrative partner to the Chiefs, responsible for daily operations, HR management, fiscal management, strategic development across tri-partite missions of clinical, research and education. The Director Operations will lead the development, implementation and ongoing management of programs to ensure successful clinical, strategic and financial results. They will be responsible for overseeing multiple, simultaneous initiatives, and ensure consistency and alignment with UNC School of Medicine and UNC Healths overall strategy and goals. The director is instrumental in engaging internal and external stakeholders, faculty and staff (both University and Healthcare).
Description of Job Responsibilities:
– Lead regular communication and collaboration amongst providers, managers, system stakeholders and UNC health/ School of Medicine leaders to achieve desired outcomes.
– Support teammates and faculty by identifying resources and removing barriers in order to achieve organizational goals. Provide senior leadership as necessary to assure positive results.
– Develop divisional all funds budgets and coordination of provider compensation plans. Actively participate in oversight of data reporting and analytics to ensure accuracy of information shared and to allow for ongoing monitoring and improvement of organizational performance.
– Work closely with Legal and Compliance to assure system and entity policies are widely understood and upheld.
– Collaborate with HR, departmental leadership and division leadership in order to recruit, successfully onboard and retain needed providers.
– Hire, develop, train and evaluate university and healthcare employees in order to develop high performing and diverse teams.
– Utilize KPI, dashboards and other data specific to experience, finance, HR and quality in order to lead performance improvement efforts.
– Participate in planning with Business Development, departmental leadership.
– Meet regularly with partners in clinical, research and educational areas to coordinate roll out of quality initiatives, patient safety protocols and clinical improvement pilots.
– Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Carefully assesses productivity and development of our human resources
– Financial stewardship: Oversees divisional budgeting and manages ongoing performance, which may include multiple fund types (clinical, state, philanthropic, contracts, overhead, research) Collaborates with revenue cycle and FP finance to identify opportunities, and to develop plans to remedy variances.
– Consistently works with leadership to establish meaningful goals of individual and divisional performance. Recognizes opportunities for increases in productivity, cost savings and revenue generation. Takes action to ensure compliance.
Bachelors Degree in a related field.
Professional Experience Requirements:
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in practice operations, finance and/or clinical operations management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to perform high level statistical analysis and be able to determine best sources and metrics for ongoing measurement to validate improvement. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, direct, and coach diverse groups.
– Legal Employer: STATE
– Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
– Organization Unit: SOM Med Endocrin
– Work Type: Full Time
– Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
– Work Schedule: Day Job
– Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
– Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
To apply for this position, please go to: