Full-Time Director, Vaccines for Children Program
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage the oversight and daily operations of the VFC Program in Tennessee. Ensure the VFC Program is administered according to federal guidelines, ensuring providers adhere to program requirements, training needs are met, and program quality improvement is ongoing
• Supervise an interdisciplinary team of epidemiologists, nurse consultants, and administrative services assistants on the VFC Quality Assurance, Vaccine Ordering Management System (VOMS), and VFC Enrollment Teams
• Oversee team projects related to vaccine storage and handling, vaccine inventory management, data quality, VFC enrollment, provider-level quality improvement, and immunization coverage rates
• Ensure the sustainability of the VFC Program by fulfilling all defined federal grant program requirements and submitting all required applications, budgets, and reports by established deadlines
• Monitor sub-recipient expenditures to ensure federal funds are appropriately spent and attend annual on-site reviews of program activities with each sub-recipient to ensure they are meeting program requirements and the scope of services are appropriately met
• Investigate all allegations of fraud or abuse of the VFC Program, escalating claims to the appropriate authorities when indicated
• Collaborate with other programs within the Tennessee Department of Health, as well as external partners, to promote immunization and respond to disease outbreaks
• Present vaccine or Program-related information to a wide variety of audiences, including health care providers, CDC subject matter experts, public health, and the general public
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience working in public health information systems or using proprietary software. Expertise in Microsoft Office software suite. Experience leading cross-cutting projects.
Technical writing skills, clinical experience/background, experience leading immunization program-related quality improvement projects and experience conducting healthcare-related audits or evaluations strongly preferred.
Please apply at: Career opportunities at Tennessee Department of Health (tn.gov)