Full-Time Executive Director Care Management
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health is on a transformational journey to unify our strategy and culture with teammates and patients across North Carolina. We are looking for a system executive director for care management to drive transformation and alignment of care management across UNC Health hospitals. This director will partner with administrative leaders, clinicians, executives and community partners to shape the future of care management at UNC Health. This individual will work collaboratively across the health care system to create and implement strategies to drive patient progression and throughput within a socially and financially complex environment while optimizing patient experience, clinical and financial outcomes. Experience with hospital operations and care management will be important in this role.
1. Care Management – Directs the development and implementation of care management practices and policies that support the organization’s goals and ensures compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws. Oversees the care management program in each entity in conjunction with the department director and the executive to which the department reports and ensures the competencies of the director in each department. Ensures adequate staffing and orientation and training of staff. Oversees development and utilization of a standardized performance dashboard for care management that includes key statistics that impact the success of the organization and the care of patients. Participates in a system Progression Management Meeting and ensures all entity Directors are engaged in their entity Patient Progression Meetings. Designs, executes, monitors and evaluates recommendations for improvement. Works with entity leaders to develop standardization across the system. Collaborates with key leaders in the organization to optimize key clinical and financial outcomes within best practice, ethical, legal, and regulatory parameters. Develops relationships with key community providers to ensure common goals, consistent processes for referrals, and assist with transition planning. Works closely with a lead Physician Advisor to develop common goals, ensure regulatory updates are timely for each group, plan for physician education, etc. Works with the Revenue Cycle department to ensure denial prevention activities are in place and to understand the causes of denials is order to assist with denials management.
2. Leading Change- Acts as a catalyst for organizational change. Influences others to translate vision into action. Brings about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Establishes an organizational vision and implements it in a continuously changing environment. Is open to change and new information and rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Deals effectively with pressure and remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization. Capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks. Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with others.
3. Leading People – Leads people toward meeting the organizations vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence and by promoting the organizations vision internally and externally. Delegates responsibility, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
4. Results Driven – Exceeds organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care. Makes well-informed, timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unfavorable results. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and builds the organization by developing and improving services. Leads the budgeting process. Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities, monitors expenditures in support of programs and policies, and identifies cost-effective approaches.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school and a license in the state of North Carolina and a Master’s degree in in Nursing, Health Care Administration, or related field.
* No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Seven (7) years of hospital leadership experience in a complex health system with proven results.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Knowledge and experience with electronic medical record (EMR) and Care Management technology, hospital coding/billing, payer contracting, and Revenue Cycle management. Advanced skills in data analysis and reporting and strategic planning. Experience in clinical system integration and a strong understanding of clinical and care management processes. Demonstrated leadership capabilities and ability to influence others. Advanced critical thinking and judgment skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Skill in collaborating with multiple departments. Robust understanding of current Medicare and Joint Commission compliance requirements. Successful team facilitation and change management experience. Proven leadership in successfully implementing new strategies. Effective collaboration with physicians, nursing, and ancillary leaders.
Legal Employer: NC HEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: System Care Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
To apply for this position please go to :