Full-Time Financial Counselor – Work From Home Position
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. This is a 3-day work from home position, with a 5% pay adder for bilingual candidates.
Provides assistance to patients and family members regarding establishing arrangements to provide payments for services provided. Ensures all insurance requirements are met prior to patients arrival and informs patients of their financial liability prior to arrival for services.
***This position also qualifies for a $5,000 commitment incentive, paid over a three (3) year commitment. Payment of $1,500 will be made within the first thirty (30) days of employment. The remaining will be paid after each six (6) month period of work completed. Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/revenue-cycle-commitment-incentive-program***
1. Admit, register and pre-register patients with accurate patient demographics and financial data.
2. Calculate and collect payments from patients for hospital and faculty physicians. Set up payment arrangements. Reconcile daily money collected. Work with collections agencies to resolve balances and/or collect payments.
3. Refer patients to the Manufacturer Drug program as needed for medications.
4. Request insurance authorizations for medical and dental procedures via online portal or by phone. Enters authorizations in various systems. Provides estimates using the passport estimator for future services to help determine patients liability. Screen patients for charity care, COBRA and Medicaid. Help complete applications as needed. Work with third party payers for copay assistance. Submit forms for prior authorizations.
5. Review and explain claim rejections on patients accounts. Help resolve patient balance issues and questions.
– High School diploma or GED
– No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– Two (2) years of experience working in hospital/clinical services access or billing and collections insurance.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Ability to analyze data, perform multiple tasks and work independently. Must be able to develop and maintain professional, service-oriented working relationships with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisors. Must be able to understand and comply with policies and procedures.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Assistance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
To apply for this job, please go to: