Full-Time HCS Clinical Informatics Specialist – IT Training User Support
This position is located at UNC Health Southeastern – Lumberton, NC
Do you have a clinical background, are Epic savvy and enjoy educating others? Join our amazing UNC Health Clinical informatics Team that assists inpatient health care system providers and clinicians with Epic@ UNC documentation. Our team’s focus is to assist providers and clinicians with documentation efficiency tips and provide support to nursing leadership and staff. We are looking for a candidate with a clinical background who is interested in healthcare technology with an inquisitive mind and troubleshooting skills.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Supports physicians, clinicians, health care workers, affiliates and partners by providing continuous support, troubleshooting and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements. Serves as a liaison between the clinical departments and IT in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Promotes future and present system functionality by designing, building and testing the clinical information systems. Enhances the organization by driving the evolution of customer-oriented, cost-effective and integrated health information management systems.
1. Coordinates and actively participates in the planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance, training and evaluation of clinical information systems for nursing services.
2. Develops in depth knowledge of the system capabilities, applications and processes to function effectively as an educator for system users. Provides training to new users and provides end-user support.
3. Facilitates the integration of data, information and knowledge to support patients, nurses and other providers in their decision-making.
4. Participates in the development of clinical informatics protocols, policies, procedures, and quality metrics and works to assure compliance with regulations.
5. Represents the concerns and issues of the assigned clinical constituencies related to clinical informatics.
6. Works collaboratively with Information Technology, medical staff and the various patient care departments.
– Bachelors degree in Nursing, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
– Credentialed healthcare professional (e.g., Registered Nurse, Resp Therapist, Rad Tech) licensed to practice in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– If a Bachelors degree: Three (3) years of clinical practice experience.
– If an Associates degree: Seven (7) years of clinical practice experience.
– If a high school diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of clinical practice experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
– Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
– Entity: Shared Services
– Organization Unit: IT Training User Support
– Work Type: Full Time
– Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
– Work Schedule: Day Job
– Location of Job: US:NC:Lumberton/Southeastern
– Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
To apply for this position, please go to: