Temporary Inpatient Pharmacy Tech II Certified (Per Diem)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: The Certified Technician provides support and compliance to the pharmacy system by sterilizing pharmacy clean rooms throughout the health system.
1. Sterilizes and cleans USP 797 compliant clean rooms for the UNC health system. There are over 13 locations throughout the state of North Carolina.
2. A minimum of 3 cleans are required per month.
3. Clean room garbing and hand hygiene testing required.
4. Optional opportunity (with necessary certification) to compound and/or prepare medications (sterile products, oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.) including high-risk medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
5. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions.
6. Contributes to process improvement projects.
– High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
– Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
– Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
– Entity: Shared Services
– Organization Unit: SSC Compounding Pharmacy
– Work Type: Per Diem
– Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
– Work Schedule: Variable
– Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
– Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To apply for this position, please go to: