Full-Time IT/Software Development
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for performing independent systemic audits and consulting engagements of IT systems and processes as part of the annual IT audit work plan. Reviews may include assessments of administrative, physical and technical controls in place to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information resources. Ensure compliance with federal regulations and established UNC Health Care System policies and procedures by identifying control deficiencies and communicate recommendations to management.
This position can be Remote, in-office, or hybrid depending on candidate preference. If choosing Remote, candidate must live in one of the following states: AZ, AK, FL, IA, KY, MD, MS, SC, VA, and WI.
1. IT Auditing – Prepare and execute audits and consulting engagements from the annual IT audit work plan and perform special projects, investigations, EAGLE (internal controls testing), continuous auditing, and other projects as assigned either solo or in a lead role. Conduct testing of internal controls, which may include interviewing customers, analyzing data, and conducting tests. Document fieldwork electronically to support conclusions. Identify internal control weaknesses, non-compliance with organizational policies, laws, and regulations, as well as opportunities to improve operational effectiveness.
2. IT Auditing Reports – Must develop unique audit and consulting programs and test procedures utilizing a risk-based approach to meet the audit objectives and scope. Disseminate results to management via written report and closing meetings. Perform follow up on outstanding issues.
3. Special Projects – Assists in the development of a data analytics program for IT Audit. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of IT Audit and Compliance.
– Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field.
– Certified or in process of obtaining certification within one year of hire. (i.e., CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA)
– Professional Experience Requirements:
– Three (3) years IT auditing work experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in the following areas:
* IT system and application audits (Windows, UNIX, SQL and Oracle), network securities audits, and HIPAA and PCI compliance audits, knowledge of penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
* Ability to conduct all phases of risk-based audits either solo or as lead utilizing electronic work papers (i.e,. TeamMate, AutoAudit).
* Experience with data analytics and software (i.e., IDEA, ACL).
* Demonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal skills. Able to lead and present to senior management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Can compose audit reports.
– Experience in the medical field or other heavily regulated environment desirable.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Audit Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
To apply for this job, please go to: