Full-Time Maintenance Mechanic II
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position performs skilled work of moderate to significant difficulty in the general and specific repair, construction and maintenance of hospital buildings, grounds, vehicles, facilities, equipment and electrical and mechanical devices. This includes emergency, preventive and customer requested work performed under the supervision of a higher level maintenance mechanic or supervisor and is performed in compliance with applicable standards and practices.
1. Corrective Maintenance – Upon notice from the departments Work Control Center or upon request from the end user the employee will perform work necessary to correct damaged equipment or a facility component. This work is performed within 24 hours. Selected examples are ice machine repair, dripping faucet repair and light bulb replacement.
2. Emergency Maintenance – Upon notice from Departmental Work Control Center or directly from customer this employee will respond within time frame set by departmental policy and perform or summon the appropriate trade to perform work necessary to prevent harm or injury to patients, visitors or staff or work to prevent extensive damage to equipment or to the facility. Selected examples are power outages, plumbing outages, door and hardware problems.
3. Other Duties as Assigned – Including but not limited to exterior maintenance, cleaning mechanical rooms, landscaping work, transporting equipment for repair and other duties as needed.
4. Scheduled Maintenance -Using the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) printout, the employee will use the priorities established on the list and perform the tasks necessary to keep the equipment, device or condition being serviced in good working order. Selected examples include preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on generators and vehicles, repair and routine maintenance on signage and hardware.
5. Service Request Maintenance – Upon notice from the Plant Engineering Work Control System the employee will perform work requested by end users that is not of an emergency nature. These activities are prioritized and scheduled by Work Control with consideration of available resources. Selected examples include installation of bulletin boards and installing cabinets or shelving.
– High School diploma or GED
– If a Driver: Valid NC Drivers license.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– Three (3) years of experience with maintenance and repair projects or large facility maintenance, including experience in all forms of maintenance. Journeyman level experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex CEP Maintenance and Repair
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To apply for this job, please go to: