Please login/register to apply for this job.
25 Nov 2015
Freelance Medical Assistant
Title: Medical Assistant
City, State: Kalamazoo and Portage,MI
Location: Borgess Stafing Solutions
Department: Staffing Services 001
Additional Job Details: PRN Rotating
The Medical Assist BSS assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse.
- Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients’ charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Assist with medical instruments or equipment needed to administer patient care.
- Perform vitals on patients.
- Skill in assisting physician in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Perform schedule testing and assigned clerical duties.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required at start date.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program required at start date; In lieu of graduation from a Medical Assistant program, minimum of three (3) years experience functioning in a medical assisting role required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within ninety (90) days of start date.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred.