Temporary Neurodiagnostic Tech II (Per Diem)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs standard and complex electroneurodiagnostic tests in the Clinical Neurophysiology Lab and polysomnographic testing on patients in the Sleep Disorders Lab. Work may be performed in a lab, clinic, patient bedside, or in the operating room.
1. May provide instruction and guidance to other technologists in the Neurodiagnostic and/or Sleep Disorders Lab.
2. Performs diagnostic patient testing electroencephalogram (EEG), electromyography (EMG), nerve conduction velocities (NCV), sensory evoked potentials (EP), and polysomnographic testing with possible oxygen therapy and continuous positive air pressure treatments (CPAP).
3. Performs room and equipment set-up and placement in hospital rooms, operating rooms, or clinics. Calibrates and maintains equipment.
4. Reads and scores neurodiagnostic and/or polysomnographic tests.
5. Takes patient histories. Provides instruction to patients and families regarding test preparation, pre-test interviews, and follow-up appointments.
– Graduation from an AMA or CAAHEP accredited program in Sleep or Neurodiagnostics program of Neurophysiology (or equivalent combination of experience, training and experience).
– Registered in at least one of the following areas: Electroencephalogram (EEG), Evoked Potentials (EP), Intra-Operative (IOM), Nerve Conduction Velocity Studies (NCV),Polysomnography(RPSGT) or Long-term Monitoring (CLTM)
Professional Experience Requirements:
– If completion of an AMA or CAAHEP accredited program in Sleep or Neurodiagnostics: No prior experience required.
– If a High School diploma or GED: Two (2) years of experience performing a variety of Sleep or Neurodiagnostics procedures.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Clinical Neurophysiology
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
To apply for this job, please go to: