Full-Time Radiology Manager
The Hopedale Medical Complex Radiology Manager is responsible for fiscal, human resource, and quality outcomes for the Radiology Department. This role places the needs of the patient and other customers as a first priority and demonstrates the skills necessary to meet and exceed expectations. The Radiology Manager focuses others on a clearly defined, clearly communicated vision, and engages individuals and groups to achieve that vision. The Radiology Manager identifies and develops organizational talent and embraces continuous learning of self and others. The Radiology Manager oversees all aspects of the provision of services including the maintenance of safety and technical/clinical performance, quality, standards of care, practice guidelines, service delivery and patient and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for financial control and accountability for establishing and monitoring its operating and capital budgets. The manager is responsible for translating the Hopedale Medical Complex’s and Division’s mission, objectives, policies, and procedures into effective action.
- Provides radiology services by directing and coordinating the services of radiology and diagnostic imaging procedures, overseeing staff in operation of imaging equipment.
- Accomplishes radiology human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for staff retention, which includes ongoing staff monitoring and counseling employees at risk of ending their appointments
- Meets radiology operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patient-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets radiology financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; recommending corrective actions.
- Supports patient care by resolving radiology issues with physicians, radiologists, radiology technologists, and ancillary staff, improving and maintaining quality assurance program for department functions.
- Improves quality results by evaluating accuracy and quality of images; providing technical assistance; implementing new techniques, equipment, and procedures.
Provides statistical reports by controlling the collection of treatment and clinical data.
- Provides a safe environment by monitoring radioactive exposure of staff and patients, keeping staff and patients safe. controlling radium loading and handling techniques; maintaining radium records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Manage day-to-day operations, programs, and new program development
- Review daily patient schedules for areas assigned.
- Check attendance status of technologists and other support staff.
- Ensure that staff are reassigned as necessary to provide proper coverage for anticipated workload.
- Develop optimal staffing models to meet operational needs and budgetary constraints.
- Contact patient care areas to follow up and respond to issues and concerns incurred within previous 24 hours.
- Ensure that technologist staff updates patient waits and delays on an ongoing basis and keeps patients informed.
- In conjunction with Receptionist/Schedulers and Section/Modality leaders, monitor the scheduling access by determining priorities for performance of examinations considering patients conditions and examinations being requested.
- Determine procedural frequencies to ensure optimum productivity of equipment while still allowing sufficient time to complete examinations.
- Communicate with other departments and attend meetings as necessary to solve scheduling problems and improve turnaround time for procedures and reports.
- Responsible for reviewing benchmark data and making appropriate changes to improve sections performance.
- Initiate and make suggestions for new methods of service and service improvements.
- Update and/or write new policies and procedures to support new programs, which are reviewed and approved by appropriate committees before implementation.
- Responsible for protocol development with appropriate documentation, updates, and archiving.
- Manage or oversee the day-to-day physical space and systems in areas of responsibility.
Manage Section Safety and Ensure Regulatory Compliance
- Determine, write, implement, and update patient and employee safety policies and/or standard operation procedures including guidelines and/or staff education on the use of the facility and equipment. Monitor effectiveness and redirect if indicated
- Work with the HMC Risk Management and Safety to ensure that safety standards are being met and risks are being minimized.
Ensure staff comply with safety and regulatory program requirements.
- Check status of imaging equipment function.
- Oversee performance of quality assurance and quality improvement activities of section including exam quality, image quality, equipment systems, etc. Assess documentation of problems encountered. Investigate and respond using an alternative process, staff education or referral to appropriate resource. Ensure appropriate documentation is completed and maintained.
- Responsible for the physical storage and security of materials and supplies.
- Committed to and perform the highest standards of patient safety.
- Demonstrate prescribed operating procedures to ensure the highest quality of patient care and service.
- Monitor and share patient satisfaction feedback. Work with staff and radiologists to address negative feedback to improve patient experience and to improve scores within Department goals and budgets.
- Create a climate that inspires staff to be motivated and productive; promote professional growth for self and staff.
Actively participate in meetings.
Perform other duties as assigned.