Full-Time Regional Laboratory Director
TO APPLY VIST: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/georgiadph/jobs/2667620/regional-laboratory-director
The Georgia Department of Public Health is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Regional Laboratory Director in the Public Health Laboratory located in Waycross, Georgia.
The State’s Public Health Laboratories support statewide public health programs/initiatives and provide reference testing for local health departments, hospitals and private laboratories.
This senior management position serves as the licensed clinical laboratory director for the Waycross Public Health Laboratory (WPHL). Functioning under the direction of the Georgia Public Health Laboratory (GPHL) Director in Decatur, Georgia this position supervises scientific managers, professional/technical staff, and administrative support positions.
Directs the functions of the Waycross Public Health Lab (WPHL):
- Serves as technical consultant for all services in the WPHL.
- Leads WPHL goals and initiatives.
- Coordinates lab integration and implementation of administrative and technical changes.
- Collects and disseminates data between WPHL and GPHL.
- Works with GPHL Director to plan and convene semi-annual meetings for information sharing and problem solving sessions for optimal communication and lab operation.
- Administratively directs Lab Managers for leadership development and laboratory performance.
Serves as a Laboratory Administration member:
- Participates in planning, organizing, and implementing laboratory programs and changes.
- Handles special assignments and projects as directed.
Directs the Regional Laboratory quality control program as follows:
- Assures that WPHL is enrolled annually in the required, approved proficiency testing (PT) programs.
- Monitors proficiency test performance.
- Maintains a file of all proficiency test results.
- Works with the laboratory manager to correct any deficiencies when the proficiency test results have unacceptable values.
- Conducts annual surveillance to ensure that both State and Federal licensure requirements are met.
- Provides recommendations and action plans for training of WPHL personnel.
- Provides QC consultation as needed.
- Directs and assists in evaluation of new test procedure.
- Attends and participates in professional and scientific workshops, seminars and meetings (as GPHL funding will allow and as approved by the GPHL Director and DPH Commissioner).
- Shares information with Administration and Management team on professional and scientific activities.
- Shares information with Lab Managers and staff regarding professional and scientific activities.
- Gives lectures and presentations as requested.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Doctorate degree in a related filed from an accredited college or university AND Four years of management/supervisory experience in health care services
Education & Licensure Requirements:
Must possess an earned a doctoral degree in biology, microbiology, chemistry or related fields; and must either be certified or eligible for certification by an accepted certifying agency. Must submit international evaluation if degree was granted by a foreign educational institution.
Required to meet State of Georgia licensure and Federal (CLIA’88) certification requirements for a Clinical Laboratory Director.
Must possess certification as a High Complexity Laboratory Director (HCLD) or pass an approved certifying examination within eighteen (18) months of hire date as a condition of employment.
U.S. citizenship required, and must pass Select Agent (SA) security clearance: (http://www.selectagents.gov/Regulations.html).
At least four (4) years of demonstrated technical experience in a clinical laboratory.