Full-Time RN Clinical Coordinator – UNC Diagnostic Cardiac Services
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Full time M-F day shift; flexible scheduling options available
Responsible for workflow in patient care area. The Clinical Coordinator will triage patients and assign to proper provider as well as provide direct and indirect patient care during assigned work period, including assisting physicians in examining the patient. The Clinical Coordinator will plan, implement and evaluate care according to approved polices and procedures. This position will supervise clinical staff, make clinical staff schedules and help with training of clinical staff. This position works with other members of the Physician Practice care team to coordinate care to meet patients needs.
1. Responsible for clinical operations of the physician practice.
2. Works closely with physicians, practice manager and staff to optimize workflow efficiency, maintaining quality assurance in a physician practice.
3. Assists Practice Manager in monitoring and adjusting clinical staffing needs to meet patient demand? implements clinical schedule for the practice.
4. Provides constructive feedback to practice manager and medical staff regarding performance of clinic operations.
5. Triages medical phone questions and walk-in/urgent care patients.
6. Keeps work flow on time and assures appropriate patient arrangements.
7. Maintains inventory of medical supplies including pharmaceuticals and emergency drug supplies.
8. Works closely with practice manager in resolving operational and personnel issues.
9. Monitors quality, compliance, and operational standards in the physician clinics.
10. Ensures implementation and adherence to consistent operating policies and procedures within the physician practice.Ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements related to Joint Commission, HIPAA, OSHA, and other applicable standards.Reviews patient satisfaction surveys and works in coordination with practice manager to implement corrective action as needed.Assists in all levels of clinic patient care.Assesses the patient and family needs, collecting health status data and identifying patient problems.Documents pertinent patient information accurately and in a timely manner.
– Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
– BLS certification required. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– Five (5) years of progressive experience in related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.-
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Diagnostic Cardiac Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To apply for this position, please go to: