Full-Time RN Clinical Nurse III- HS Med Surg
*This position qualifies for our UNC Rex Incentive Program, which includes up to $20,000 commitment incentive ($5,000 at time of hire)orup to $25,000 tuition loan forgiveness. In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (based on location) and our employee referral program. Learn more about our UNC Rex Incentive Program here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-rex-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Nurse III practices at the level of a competent to expert practitioner of nursing, as defined by Benner, P. (1984). From Novice to Expert. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company. The nurse at this level demonstrates competence in caring for patients with complex problems. In addition the Clinical Nurse III demonstrates clinical leadership skills through contribution to standards of care and unit goals. The Clinical Nurse III serves as a role model for other staff and a preceptor for new employees and participates in endeavors to increase nursing knowledge.
1. Assessment – Synthesizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial and educational needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication with others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs
2. Education – Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self and others. Participates in development and presentation of staff education programs geared to unit needs and staff level. Assists in development of, and utilizes patient education materials relevant to patient population.
3. Evaluation – Evaluates patient progress and revises plan accordingly. Maintains accountability for carrying out components of the plan.
4. Implementation – Demonstrates expertise in care of patients with complex problems, including appropriate physical, psychosocial and educational aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Provides direction in implementation of the plan and serves as a resource to other staff members. Utilizes hospital standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care
5. Leadership – Develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified timeframe or renegotiates with supervisor. Participates in activities that facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration and serves as role model for nursing involvement. Functions as a consultant in various phases of the nursing process throughout the hospital. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Models behaviors that effectively give feedback to coworkers. Incorporates awareness of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment into practice. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
6. Planning – Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Consistently makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Uses full range of communication means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Consistently demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research – Reads journals that contain articles and studies that are applicable to practice and discusses their feasibility of implementation with others. With assistance, applies research findings to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability. Assists with data collection in research being conducted in work area. Shares knowledge with staff.
– Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
– If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled in an accredited program within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelors degree with a major in Nursing or a Masters degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
– Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
– Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
– Professional certification relevant to the practice area and on the ANCC Magnet approved list within the probationary period of employment.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– One (1) year of nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Med Surg Nursing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
To apply for this job, please go to: