Full-Time RN Infection Prevention (PRN) – Medical Staff Services
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Infection Prevention Nurse is an independently functioning nurse with exceptional knowledge in infection control and hospital epidemiology. They participates in activities related to the prevention and control of nosocomial infections in patients, employees and visitors.
1. Consultation – Serves as consultant/liaison with hospital departments, hospital committees (e.g., Infection Control Committee, Pet Visitation), CQI teams, area health departments. Prepares, reviews and initiates infection control policies as assigned
2. Education – Serves as an educator by developing educational programs and materials for hospital employees regarding infection control policies. Participates in continuing education activities at the department, hospital, state and national level
3. Exposure Work-Up – Evaluates communicable disease exposures within the hospital complex to contain infectious diseases and prevent disease transmission to patients and employees.
4. Investigational Studies–May monitor construction activities to ensure infection control measures are implemented and continued during renovation and construction activities. Participates in the review of hospital construction and renovations to ensure that infection control issues are addressed
5. Outbreak Investigation ? Participates in the evaluation of nosocomial infection outbreaks to detect causes and formulate solutions to improve patient outcomes
6. Quality Assessment? Evaluates new equipment and products to ensure provision of elements necessary to prevent the spread of infection and for adequate disinfections. Performs quality control activities to evaluate the effectiveness of written communication and educational activities related to infection control and established guidelines for antibiotic usage.
7. Surveillance ? Performs ward surveillance, monitors patient isolation/precautions and medical records to determine health care associated infections in order to establish baseline infection rates, detect changing patterns or problems requiring action, communicate pertinent observations to those responsible for patient care, and identify epidemics, clusters of infections, infections due to unusual pathogens.
– Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing
– Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– Three (3) years of experience in either patient care, infection control, occupational safety or ergonomics.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Medical Staff Serv
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 19.50
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
To apply for this job, please go to: