Full-Time RN Patient Services Manager II – UNC Dept. of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill is a national leader in providing excellent patient care, training the next generation of ENT surgeons to be leaders in the field of otolaryngology, and achieving excellence in research that advances the field of otolaryngology/head and neck surgery. We offer surgical treatment and care for patients with conditions or diseases of the head and neck, including head and neck tumors, skull base tumors, sinusitis, and pituitary tumors.
The Department of Otolaryngology are welcoming applicants for a new Patient Services Manager II position. We are seeking an individual with experience in project & quality improvement, change management, and a team player. The PSM II will have approximately 20 direct reports, and work in collaboration with the Clinic Manager. Prior experience in the field of otolaryngology is preferred. With the recent development of our new locations, we are looking for a new PSM II to grow with us.
Assists a higher level nurse manager in the following duties: ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensuring adequate and appropriate clinical staffing on each shift, may supervise nursing staff, HUC staff and utility aide staff, providing assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues, providing and facilitating an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, on-going unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
1. Patient Care – Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Supervises team of professionals / paraprofessionals which may include nursing staff, health unit coordinators, nursing assistants and utility aides.
2. Human Resource Management – Effectively manages human resources and creates an environment conducive to staff recruitment and retention. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
3. Budget Management – Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
4. Accreditation Issues – Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, JCAHO, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Integrates current scientific evidence into standards of practice.
5. Quality Improvement—Leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits.
6. Education—Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for the specified patient population.
– Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
– Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– Two (2) years of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting, and one (1) year of experience in the area assigned.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM OHNS Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
To apply for this position, please go to: