Full-Time RN Physician Practice – Rex Heart and Vascular Brier Creek
NC Heart and Vascular is hiring a Registered Nurse to work 40 hours/week M-F 8:00a-4:30p, the office is closed on nights/weekends/holidays. Our office, located in Raleigh, is seeking a RN to join our team of professionals serving cardiovascular patients in a physician practice setting. Our team is comprised of individuals that deliver exceptional patient care through positivity, compassion and teamwork. UNC/Rex offers opportunities for RN career advancement and provides an environment that is fun and family oriented.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides patient care within the scope of practice for the licensed Registered Nurse. Facilitates patient flow and assists with prioritization of work assignments.
*This position qualifies for a $10,000 commitment incentive, paid over a three (3) year commitment ($2,500 paid at the time of hire). In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (amounts based on location) and our employee referral program. Learn more about the incentive here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-rex-physician-practice-rn-commitment-incentive-program
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, to include patient assessment, assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, and patient education.
3. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
4. Appropriately documents care provided in the patients medical record.
5. Facilitates effective patient flow and assists with prioritization of work assignments.
6. Assists with the maintenance of adequate levels of supplies and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
7. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
8. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in unit based performance improvement activites.
9. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective communication and team work.
– Diploma, Associate Degree (ADN) or Bachelors Degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing.
– Licensed to practice as Registered Nurse in North Carolina. BCLS.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– Previous experience in physician office, urgent care, emergency department preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
– Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
– Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
– Organization Unit: Rex NCHV Brier Creek
– Work Type: Full Time
– Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
– Work Schedule: Day Job
– Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
– Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
To apply for this position, please go to: