Full-Time Staff Nurse – RN or LPN
The LPN/RN Nurse performs a variety of professional nursing duties in the care of home care clients; complies with state rules and regulations, and follows established policies and procedures of the home care agency.
Flexible 8-hour shifts. Generally 1st shifts. Some short travel to other company sites as needed.
Staff Nurse POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing for RN or LPN.
· Must be registered and licensed with the State of Minnesota and must maintain a current unencumbered license with the Board of Nursing.
· Prefer at least two-year(s) experience in-home care or assisted living.
· Working knowledge of the state requirements for the Comprehensive Home Care license.
· Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
· Must demonstrate leadership, good judgment, and dependability.
· Must be knowledgeable and accurate in the administration of medications and treatments.
· Must be flexible in dealing with changing situations.
· Ability to use computers and electronic medical records.
· Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Must be knowledgeable about validation techniques, reality orientation, and/or appropriate diversional activities for clients with dementia.
· Must work as a team member and maintain a positive demeanor.
Staff Nurse OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
· Must receive “not disqualified” criminal background results from the MN Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
· Must be screened for TB.
· Current driver’s license, valid automobile insurance, and able to pass a drug test.
Staff Nurse RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Works under the direction of the nurse supervisor to monitor clients’ needs and changes.
· Ensures that unlicensed staff performs their duties and responsibilities.
· Initiates emergency procedures for clients and reports to RN.
· Reviews client care plans.
· Assists with the implementation of physician orders.
· Ensures accuracy and promptness in transcribing physician orders.
· Carries out proper charting practices and documentation procedures.
· Assists with the initiation of services for new clients, transfers to settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, or assisted living, and discharges as requested by RN supervisor.
· Assembles and operates equipment such as oxygen suppliers and others.
· Orders, sets up and administers medications.
· Assists RN in orienting, training, and mentoring new staff.
· Attends required meetings, in-service training, and conferences.
· Evaluates the job performance of unlicensed staff.
· Consults with RN regarding unlicensed staff performance problems.
· Schedules work of unlicensed staff within established guidelines.
· Assists the unlicensed staff as necessary in performing their duties.
Staff Nurse WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Primary responsibilities will be conducted in client homes and in housing-with-services establishments in clean, well-lit, climate-controlled areas such as client apartments, hallways, workrooms, client dining area, and meeting rooms.
· Exposure to body fluids, infection, odors, and the behavior of clients that may be aggressive, combative, or demanding.
Related keywords: registered nurse, RN, LPN, nurse, operating room nurse, nurse RN
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $36.00 per hour depending on LPN or RN license. Benefits eligible.
Adhere to all current MDH COVID-A9 guidelines.