Full-Time Supervisor Respiratory Therapy
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Position qualifies for our Inpatient Respiratory Care Incentive Program, which includes a $15,000 commitment incentive with a three (3) year commitment. To learn more on the program, please visit:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-unc-rex-healthcare-respiratory-care-incentive-program
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a section of the Respiratory Care Department. Employees are responsible for staff supervision and training, budget projection and monitoring, and program development and improvement.
1. Assists with developing/maintaining departmental operating and capital budget.
2. Collaborates with the Department Director and other colleagues in establishing policies and procedures.
3. Identifies and acts on opportunities to improve department and organizational processes using Lean methodologies.
4. Communicates and ensures staff comply with all hospital and departmental policies.
5. Instructs and trains staff in areas of expertise related to Respiratory Care procedures, advances in technology, or changes in policy
6. Provides all facets of Respiratory Care to patients. Promotes own individual clinical expertise to physicians, nurses and Respiratory Care staff in assigned areas.
7. Provides direct supervision to caregivers and support staff. Interviews candidates for hiring, orients and coaches staff. Conducts performance reviews and provides corrective action when appropriate. Keeps/maintains personnel records of direct reports and ensures that they meet work standards.
– Bachelors degree in a related field.
– Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board and registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– Three (3) years of experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To apply for this job, please go to: